Joo Byung Hee - most perfect character in kdrama history. Achieved this status in 2 episodes.
Ruby Bridges, the first African-American child to attend an all-white elementary school in the American South, escorted by U.S. Marshals dispatched by President Eisenhower for her safety. 14 November, 1960
Sometimes I like to take sometime to appreciate our history <3
This needs more notes!
When I was a kid in the 6th grade, the first “when I grow up I want to be….” dream was to be a Choreographer, I remember it being all I wanted to do. For a number of reasons, I gave up that dream…not thinking I was good enough, scared of financial insecurity, loss of passion etc. Actually it all boils down to one reason…fear. Fear will make you lose passion. So here I am at 24……I never stopped dancing, as my friends know that I’ll dance in public for no reason at all like no ones watching with no music, and I’ll dance alone for no reason too. But I’m 7 years out of practice and mad now. And yes I’ll get back to it, but don’t let fear make you lose time and passion.
1) Stop calling our natural hair ugly.
3) Stop using placement in the natural hair community to bully Black women who may still have relaxed hair or weaves.
4) Stop saying “she’s pretty…for a dark-skinned woman.”
5) Stop saying “she’s pretty…for a big/fat woman.”
6) Stop implying that any biracial women who identifies as Black or any light skinned Black women are the only ones that are attractive, and stop acting like any Black woman who deviates from this appearance should be “lucky” to have a man, regardless of how utterly lousy that man might be. Love is not something to be rationed out like a commodity only for those who are closest to appearing White.
7) Stop saying “you’re too pretty to be single.” Attraction to someone has NOTHING to do with THEIR choice to pursue a relationship or not. This is inherently patriarchal and in fact not even a logical thing to say.
Who should stop this? ANYONE who does it (that’s you White and people of colour), INCLUDING other Black men and Black women. Reject White supremacist, Eurocentric and patriarchal thoughts about beauty.
In just two episodes, he became one of my favorite characters of any k-drama. And I’ve seen alot of kdramas. This character was awesome.